Saturday, July 01, 2006

At The Beginning

I first stumbled upon the weblog revolution almost a year ago. The idea of a diary/journal of sorts proudly displayed on the Internet for all the world to see both mystified and fascinated me. For as long as I can remember, people kept the contents of their diaries private, some literally under lock and key. I couldn't understand why people wanted to publish their lives online while others fought so hard to maintain their privacy. It also puzzled me why anyone would even care about someone else's life when they had their own to worry about.

However, after browsing dozens of blogs by friends as well as complete strangers, I came to realise the draw of blogging. It promoted freedom of expression and individualism. It provided an outlet for pent-up emotions and thoughts. It helped people stay in touch with others. It showed me a different side of friends that I never knew existed, because they never showed it in person. Above all, it chronicled one's life. And life, as we all know, can be pretty damn interesting.

Thus, after much thought, I have decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I know I'm a good deal later than many of my blogger peers, but I thought this to be an appropriate time to start since I'm opening a completely new chapter in the book of life. I'm not a smooth talker, nor do I make smart, witty comebacks. I express myself better with the written word, so this will be my chance to let people know what I think. I also hope this blog will make it easier for friends far and near to keep in touch with me. In addition to that, I enjoy taking photos as much as people enjoy viewing them, so this will also serve as a medium for frozen moments of memorable times.

I must warn potential readers that this blog will be unlike the majority out there. Firstly, my posts will be relatively longer. Some call it long-winded, I call it articulate. My posts will also be sporadic, depending on whether I have the time and the mood to write. Lastly, I won't blog about my daily life, because if I did you'd fall asleep on your keyboard. I'd rather tackle specific events in life or ideas and opinions on any subject matter. Your opinions are greatly valued and I welcome all forms of feedback and constructive criticism. At the very least, do leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. It's nice to know people care about what I have to say.

Here's to my brand spankin' new blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Haven't seen or heard from you for awhile. Oh well, guess it's a good thing I found your blog. Now, at least I can keep track of whatever schemes you're up to.

Oh well, that's all for now. You know me, not very 'articulate' *wink* *wink*.

Good luck on your blog and wherever the road of life takes you to.

Anonymous said...

p.s.: Oh, and congratulations on that thing during that thing that you said I would never let you live down? =P